Re: using syncrepl for master slave relationship not working

Hi,

Why dont you try your credential same as rootpw.. it works for me..

Thanks

Howard Chu wrote:

Omar Al-Tabari wrote:

I can't seem to make it work, I've installed OpenLdap v 2.3 on the consumer machine and configured the slapd as such:

the provider slapd is version 2.2.13 and is configured as such:

That is one mistake, you should be using 2.3 on the provider. The consumer can be either 2.2.24 or 2.3, but for the provider only 2.3 works.

I was not able to update or search, when running the slapd on the consumer and provider with the above configuration this is some of what I got:
bdb_search: 18 does not match filter
send_ldap_result: conn=-1 op=0 p=3
bdb_dn2entry("cn=nextfreeunixid,dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo")
bdb_modify_internal: 0x00000011: cn=NextFreeUnixId,dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo
bdb_db_cache: db_open(objectClass) failed: Permission denied (13)
bdb_index_read: Could not open DB objectClass
Attribute index delete failurebdb_modify: modify failed (80)

These messages indicate that the underlying database files are not accessible by the userID that is running slapd. Fix your filesystem permissions, this is not a software issue.

slapd destroy: freeing system resources.
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): memberUid.bdb: unable to flush: Permission denied
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): loginShell.bdb: unable to flush: Permission denied
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): uid.bdb: unable to flush: Permission denied
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): sn.bdb: unable to flush: Permission denied
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): cn.bdb: unable to flush: Permission denied
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): gidNumber.bdb: unable to flush: Permission denied
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): uidNumber.bdb: unable to flush: Permission denied
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): ou.bdb: unable to flush: Permission denied
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): entryUUID.bdb: unable to flush: Permission denied
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): objectClass.bdb: unable to flush: Permission denied
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): txn_checkpoint: failed to flush the buffer cache Permission denied
bdb_db_destroy: txn_checkpoint failed: Permission denied (13)
bdb(dc=ldaptest,dc=batelco,dc=jo): Database handles open during environment close
bdb_db_destroy: close failed: Invalid argument (22)
slapd stopped.

can please some one help me out here, I've already recieved much help and thank you for that, but i just cant get it to work.
thank you in advance.