Re: Using "keytool" to create security certificates for OpenLDAP

The OpenLDAP config routines only support PEM format.

Safdar Kureishy wrote:

Hi,

Would anyone know how I could use "keytool" to generate the security
certificates need for OpenLDAP? It appears that tools like "keytool"
and "openssl" each use their own proprietary formats for certicates,
and I'm not sure if openldap recognizes the certificates generated by
"keytool".

"keytool" uses the proprietary keystore format called "JKS". However,
on online documentation about openLDAP, the only files I've seen being
used are .PEM format files. I don't see any configuration parameter in
the slapd.conf file to change the keystore implementation
format/provider that is used by openLDAP, so does that mean it MUST be
PEM format?

Thanks in advance,
Safdar

--