Re: No databases found in config file - slapadd would not run

Alex Zheng wrote:

I successfully set up couple of openLDAP servers previously on Solaris box, but this time no luck when I try to set it up on RedHat AS3.0.

Get the following msg when try to run slapdd:

[root@helpdesk root]# slapadd -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -l ldap.txt /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: No such file or directory

I think this is the relevant portion of the error message; does the above file exist? I assume that, since you appear to be running slapadd as root, permissions are not an issue (yet; they may when you try to run slapd as non-root).

include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema

I note that the slapd.conf indicates a different core.schema file; are you sure you're looking at the same slapd.conf you're feeding to the slapadd command?

p.