Distributed LDAP

Hi all,

We're trying to set up a distributed LDAP service and I haven't found
comprehensive documentation on how accomplish that. Any link to such
documentation?

I've got some questions that were answered in this thread:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200001/msg00031.html

However, that thread is 5 years old and maybe things has changed from this
days. So, I'll repeat some of them. First of all, the scenario: we've got two
servers (oneserver and otherserver). "oneserver" suffix is
"dc=my-domain,dc=com" and we wanna delegate "ou=People,dc=my-domain,dc=com"
to "otherserver".

1) suffix in oneserver is "dc=my-domain,dc=com". Is mandatory suffix in
"otherserver" to be "ou=People,dc=my-domain,dc=com"?

2) How authentication is accomplished in "otherserver". Suppose that I use a
"user" "cn=proxyuser,dc=my-domain,dc=com" to bind to "oneserver". If I query
on "dc=my-domain,dc=com" and the entry I'm looking for is in "otherserver",
how 'oneserver' knows which binddn must use? Is the client the responsible of
knowing about it?

Ok, I guess that implementing a distributed ldap services is easier than
understand my message with my poor english skill ;-) Sorry!

Thank you in advance.

--
Imobach González Sosa
Servicio de Informática y Comunicaciones de la ULPGC