RE: 2.2.23 vs 2.3.1alpha speed compairisons

--On Monday, February 21, 2005 3:47 PM -0600 "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Armbrust.Daniel@mayo.edu> wrote:

I tried another run with logging turned on, but using bigger buffers as suggested above - performance was still horrible. I saw very little improvement.

On the plus side, I rebuilt 2.3.1alpha against BerkeleyDB 4.2.52 - and
its performance is pretty much equal to that of the 2.2.23, for my little
tests anyway.

Has anyone filed a bug with Sleepycat about this?  It seems like a pretty
major thing for OpenLdap users.

Symas did, yes. Bottom line, this is how sleepycat intends for BDB 4.3 to operate.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Product Engineer Symas Corporation Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP solutions powered by OpenLDAP: <http://www.symas.com>