Re: Slapindex not working?

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> > The odd thing was, it improved wall-clock time by an order of
> > magnitude, so it did *something*.
>
> Have you read this thread from earlier this week?:
>
> Solved: index_param failed
>
> It may well be that is what you are seeing, and have nothing to do with
> your openldap indexing.  Your comment on the improved time by an order
> of magnitude certainly suggests this.

Yes, but I'm not sure that it's applicable, as no third-party software is
involved.  Or are you saying that having users in both /etc/passwd and
LDAP will cause this, regardless?

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 8425-5508 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia