Re: Replication Query

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Sivasakthi wrote:

> Does the database in Master and Slave has to be of same type ? If bdb
> ...both has to be bdb ?
> or would it be okay if master is ldbm and slave is bdb....

Shouldn't matter, as the data is independant of the database type.

> if yes.....what about if the OS are diff, hence can the database be of diff
> type... ?

The choice of OS shouldn't matter either.  The important thing is that
the major versions match i.e. 2.0 -> 2.0, 2.1 -> 2.1, 2.2 -> 2.2 etc.

> tried downloading the binary from openpkg...but no access..... is there a
> step by step guide on how to compile from the source files for RedHat LINUX
> and windows ? or is there any other link that has the latest binaries for
> both OSs.

I'll let others answer this question (I always compile from source) but you
can download binaries from the www.openldap.org site.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 8425-5508 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia