upgrades and replicas

I'm about to upgrade a 2.2.15 master to 2.2.17 - I slapcat a backup daily,
so thought I'd try just upgrading the server and pointing it at the
existing bdb backend  for starters.

If it goes boom for any reason, I'd normally just remove the old bdb database,
and then slapadd everything back in.

But since the last upgrade, I've added a slave (replica via slurpd) - would this
cause problems? I'm unclear as to whether I should disable replication until the
master directory is back up to date, or if slurpd will be OK with a sudden inrush
of data - last thing I want to do is end up bringing down the slave too :)

--
Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody. - Bender