Re: OpenLDAP as Active Directory replacement - is it possible?

    >> http://www.bayour.com/LDAPv3-HOWTO.html It deals with
    >> everything but Samba (never had a use for it :).

    Tomasz> Hmmm, I'm looking for something more like
    Tomasz> "OpenLDAP+Kerberos+Samba+CyrusSASL a Active Directory
    Tomasz> HOWTO" :)

Well, my HOWTO is all that but the Samba stuff. For the Samba stuff,
that's an ADDITION you can add later when you have Kerberos+CyrusSASL+
OpenLDAP (in that order!) working correctly. That alone is not easy,
so one thing at a time!

There's a PDF floating around here somewhere that deals with Samba
(you might also find stuff about that on the samba.org lists/site).

    Tomasz> I don't feel like inventing all that alone; just
    Tomasz> implementing all that bits and pieces together seem to be
    Tomasz> a really painful and lengthy process...

Then start with my HOWTO and add Samba when you're done.