Re: mailinglist quarrels

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

The problem you are having has everything to do with Microsoft & MS Outlook. You were pointed at the correct resource for your problem

Of course, interoperability is a hard issue to debug. Which program is at fault is hard to determine. So a 'interoperability' discussion seems to be at least partly on-topic to this list in the sense that OpenLDAP as a server tool is worthless without clients (all of which are developed outside the OpenLDAP scope). So to be calling these discussions off-topic seems a bit drastic to me.

Now having said that, two things could be done, one is to set-up a second mailinglist discussing interoperability. The other is to accept that interoperability issues are an integral part of the problems admins encounter when trying to use the OpenLDAP software and open this list to these discussions.

several times, and yet you insisted on repeatedly posting to the list, and then heaping "verbal" abuse on the list maintainer.

I must say, verbal abuse of people who probably spend a lot of their free time on helping us with our problems is not very motivating. I must add that 'use the source' and 'go look for your answer elswhere' type of answers are a bit to common on this list for my liking. But I do get usefull responses from this list as well, and appriciate that. I guess everybody needs to think before hitting the 'send' button and make sure he is not too much deprived of caffeine, this would make this list a lot better place.

-- Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams