RE: ./configure error

I note (for a second time?) that reported mismatch is between
an old header and new library, suggesting that the problem is
with the header path not the library path.  I would guess
that if folks actually looked closer at their environments,
they would find CPPFLAGS not set, but appropriate flags
(or other system configuration bits) set in order to
find the new library.