Re: slapd crashing

lør, 14.08.2004 kl. 06.00 skrev Craig White:

> I agree - I am using AS 3.0 at one client and WBEL at home - both
> obviously on 2.0.7
>
> It works - I am using ldbm - can I use newer techniques, features, more
> sophisticated ACL's? No
>
> There's nothing wrong in their SSL libraries as distributed in RH AS
> 3.0, they do work.

I'm a paid-up, professional RHAS3 - and Openldap - consultant. I design
my own systems, make them work and get paid for it.

Let me tell you that RedHat's RHEL3 and RHAS3 Openldap implementation is
SHIT, just as is RedHat's pam_ldap and nss_ldap. It all has to be
chucked off and *PROPER* stuff substituted. *IT IS UTTER CRAP AND
USELESS FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL LDAP IMPLEMENTATION*.

That being said, I still swear by RedHat RHAS3 and RHEL3 as a base OS.

My EURO 99,99 cent's worth.

--Tonni

--
My resume - CV - says that I speak a few languages fluently. I
have academic qualifications in all of them. It doesn't mention

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl