Re: slapd crashing

On Aug 13, 2004, at 2:56 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 2)
version: slapd 2.0.27-Release
1) OpenLDAP 2.0.27 is not a current or maintained release tree. I suggest you investigate updating to something modern (Like OpenLDAP 2.2.15).
Segmentation fault
I would guess that there's a problem in the SSL libraries, but that is a complete guess. Whatever the case, if it is a bug, it won't be fixed in OpenLDAP 2.0.x, so you'd have to upgrade anyway.

The problem is that this is the latest and greatest RPM offered by Redhat's up-to-date service. To go to a higher version, I'd have to go off their upgrade path. I wish they would be better about keeping pace with the latest versions.

--
Erik Ray                     Unix Systems Administrator
Harvard-MIT Data Center      Harvard University