Re: FW: SSL/TLS slave does not update the master

??
> Hi there,
>
> I have a master, slave setup whereby the master and slave
> accept non-encrypted connections on port 10389 and encrypted
> connections of port 10636.
>

> My replication settings are :
>
> slapd.conf master (z18-0101.csfb.com):
>
> replica uri=ldaps://z18-0102.csfb.com:10636
> replogfile ../log/replog
>

> slapd.conf slave (z18-0102.csfb.com):
>
> updateref       ldaps://z18-0101.csfb.com:10636
>

> When I connect to the slave on the en
> crypted port 10636, changes made to the slave are propagated to the master
> When I connect to the slave on the non-encrypted port 10389, changes made to the
> slave are NOT propagated to the master.

Hi

Do you mean that, using say ldapmodify, in the bad case you don't get a
referral to the master when trying to update the slave as you should
with a message like:

ldapmodify: update failed: uid=Administrateur,ou=people,dc=nofida,dc=ch
ldap_modify: Referral (10)
        referrals:

ldap://sarge.nofida.ch/uid=Administrateur,ou=people,dc=nofida,dc=ch

You should get that on both port.

--
Marcel de Riedmatten