FW: SSL/TLS slave does not update the master

Hi there,

I have a master, slave setup whereby the master and slave accept non-encrypted connections on port 10389 and encrypted connections of port 10636.

My replication settings are :

slapd.conf master (z18-0101.csfb.com):

replica uri=ldaps://z18-0102.csfb.com:10636
replogfile ../log/replog

slapd.conf slave (z18-0102.csfb.com):

updateref       ldaps://z18-0101.csfb.com:10636

When I connect to the slave on the encrypted port 10636, changes made to the slave are propagated to the master
When I connect to the slave on the non-encrypted port 10389, changes made to the slave are NOT propagated to the master.

When I change the slave slapd.conf config to :

updateref       ldaps://z18-0101.csfb.com:10389

then the behaviour is reversed :

When I connect to the slave on the encrypted port 10636, changes made to the slave are NOT propagated to the master
When I connect to the slave on the non-encrypted port 10389, changes made to the slave are propagated to the master.

Is there a way so that updates can be made, independent on the way the client connects ?

Best Regards,

Eddy Van Gelder
Credit Suisse Financial Services