Re: Integer syntax and ordering rule in OpenLDAP 2.0.x and 2.1.x

At 02:19 AM 6/7/2004, Sergio Andreozzi wrote:
>1. can you recommend any integer definition with ordering support that works for both OpenLDAP 2.0.x and 2.1.x versions?

As OpenLDAP 2.0 doesn't support integer ordering, no.

>2. if this is not possible, what does happen if I distribute two different versions for the schema, one for OpenLDAP 2.0.x and another one for OpenLDAP 2.1.x?

You'll get screwing behavior.

Consider which be greater "10" or "2"?  If we're comparing integers,
10 should be greater.  If we're comparing directory strings, 2 should
be greater.

>3. there is a simple patch for OpenLDAP 2.0.22 that introduces the support for integerOrderingMatch?

One likely could back port the integer support, but given all the
other problems with 2.0, upgrading would likely be a more appropriate
approach.

Kurt