Re: rootdn DN is invalid.

--On Thursday, January 22, 2004 4:19 PM -0500 Jeremy Hallum <jhallum@umich.edu> wrote:

Trying to use sasl and kerberos V to authenticate the admin user to the database through a service ticket. I'm having one problem, though, the server won't start up with the error message:

/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 115: rootdn DN is invalid

Jeremy,

What you need to do is set up something similar to what Stanford does (since we use K5 for this as well).

Your root DN entity needs to have an entry in the OpenLDAP DB. Then, you use a sasl-regexp to map that entity to the root DN.

I can provide more detail if this general idea isn't enough. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer