Re: stable releases

> I wrote:
> >Stable clearly means different things to different folks.

Kurt replied:
> That's why we explicitly define what we mean by the term
> (and, in every stable release announcement, provide a reference
> to that definition).

The OpenLDAP team's definition is circular/recursive.  You use the word stable
in your definition of the word stable, which makes the definition useless.

The rest of your post is (unfortunately for me!) completely accurate; it took
me over a year to get Red Hat to fix a bug in their pppd package, and I have to
admit that your time is better spent working on OpenLDAP than fruitlessly
begging for Red Hat to take advantage of your efforts.

I'll shut up again now.