syncrepl missing deletes when using objectClass

I have been experimenting with the syncrepl feature in 2.2.4, and once the
bugs are worked out, I think it will be big improvement over slurpd.

I've noticed some strange behavior with how it handles deletes though.  I
have configured syncrepl to only replicate objects that contain a specific
objectClass (the config from the consumer is below).  The object is added
to the provider and the consumer picks up the add since it contains the
objectClass specified in the filter.  I then delete the object on the
provider, but the consumer misses the delete on the next refresh.  If I
then re-add the object to the provider, the consumer deletes the object
but will never add it again until I delete the object on the provider and
re-add it.

I've read through the Admin Guide and the slapd.conf manpage for syncrepl,
and it doesn't sound like this should happen, but I could be mistaken.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Consumer syncrepl configuration:
 syncrepl rid=0
  provider=ldap://127.0.0.1
  type=refreshOnly
  interval=00:00:00:10
  searchbase="ou=domains,dc=nethere,dc=net"
  filter="(objectClass=nhDomainMail)"
  scope=sub
  schemachecking=off
  bindmethod=simple
  binddn="cn=syncrepl,ou=domains,dc=nethere,dc=net"
  credentials="blah"

Steps performed:
 1. Add object to provider; consumer adds object
 2. Delete object from provider; consumer misses delete
 3. Add object to provider using same DN; consumer deletes object
 4. Delete object from provider; consumer ignores delete
 5. Add object to provider; consumer adds object

Server configuration:
 FreeBSD 4.9 SMP
 OpenLDAP-2.2.X (via CVS tag OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_2)
 BDB 4.2.52.1

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

-Doug