Re: Had enough of this

Ace, I appreciate your posts, even though you are only slightly more
knowledgeable about LDAP than I am.  You often start discussions with OpenLDAP
users and developers that reveal functions I didn't know about, or
misunderstandings that I didn't realize I had.

I like Howard Chu's posts, too.  When Howard says "RTFM" he gives a pointer to
the FM; his brevity is not insulting, it's efficient.  I don't know if his
fiddle chops are any good, though, so I'll have to buy a CD and find out :).
Some other people's RTFM posts I find less delightful.

If all the effort that was put into the dozens of "unofficial" OpenLDAP howtos
on the net had been co-ordinated, in a TWiki (http://www.twiki.org) or in the
fashion that you yourself proposed, the OpenLDAP documentation would probably
be superb.  Recent efforts in the FAQ-O-Matic are *much* appreciated (thank you
guys!) but a FAQ doesn't help with "seldomly asked questions".

The fact that the nss_ldap and pam_ldap documentation is light-years worse than
the OpenLDAP doco doesn't help either.  Most people need all three to work...

--Charlie