Had enough of this

On a different note:

Guys, I feel ill-received on this list.

- - my offer for help is turned down in the blink of an eye, twice over the span
of a year

- - some answers from the developers are really short and therefor meaningless,
as they go without an explanation as to WHY

- - questions to explain things, get amswered by things like 'you heard the bell
toll' or 'apples and oranges' or RTFM or whatever excuse you guys have to
dismiss a question that is stupid in your eyes

- - personal judgement is passed on, in personal mails ('you don't know shit so
don't even try, buddy'). That has been the most lousy thing happening to me
in the internet (or THE Internet) for years. I am very shaken by such utterly
demotivating remarks, made to me in personal and not even having the guts to
put it on the list.

apart from that, RTFM is about the dumbest answer you guys can give because
the manual sucks, and sucks very had and unpleasant at that;

versions of the software follow eachother so fast and there are so many
changes that break things or have unexpected effects - and if you run the
software that you think is 'stable' it turns out very quickly that you
shouldn't ask questions about it because it is now obsolete and you should
upgrade however unexpected results this will give.

In my eyes, openldap is immature, and altough it's possible to get by with it
if you get it working one day and then stick to that version (in my case
something 1.x.x-ish), following new releases that have some features you
need, brings more pain than pleasure.

This is my opinion. Now, normally, I wouldn't write this pragraph but on this
list I feel I should: I don't care a damn what you think of my opinion.
Normally, I do care, but this opinion will doubtlessly be dismissed with
something along the lines of: 'how can you have an opinion, becuase you don't
know about ldap.openldap/rfcxyz/C/C+/C++/C+++++++++ or some things that you
don't know  you don't know them.
Who gives a shit, I want this software to work and I *tried* to make it work a
million times and I asked questions and I tried to answer other peoples
questions but only when I have the feeling I got something to say. And it
aint working out between us, guys.

I think it's best that I leave this list, since I feel I am starting to get
vicious. I'll just stay a couple of days more to hear the storm pass over and
then I'll retire. I know the developers won't miss me - being just another
one of those loosers to keep them from their work asking questions that could
EASILY be found browsing the net, reading the FAQ, the Admin Guide, etc etc
etc. (You missed the point, so I'll spell it out: N - O - T !)

Goodbye for now, and good luck. I might return to the list and of course I
will keep searching the archives, for hints and clues into the unknown and
uncharted. And for those who think they should make a point: OF COURSE I know
what open source software is, that people work on it voluntarily, that it
takes sheer genius to devise such a thing as LDAP, and I DO APPRECIATE that.
Or hell, maybe someone now should point out that I should read the manual on
appreciation, that I think I know what Open Source is but that I have a
totally wrong perception of it, or or or. DON'T make that point.

I really have to stop now.

_Ace Suares_

- --
Ace Suares' Internet Consultancy