RE: How to compile the LDAP C++ library?

At 10:25 AM 1/13/2004, Jason Raneses wrote:
>Does anyone know why the VC++ support was dropped?

The MSVC build environment was removed because it was broken
and the community demonstrated no interest in maintaining it.

>What would be the best method to go to getting things back
>such as portable.nt, etc?

If you just want a copy of the old portable.nt, it's
available from the CVS repository (look in the Attic).

If you want to know how to update the portable.nt such that
provides the necessary macros for the MSVC platform, well
I suggest you take a copy of portable.h.in and adjust its
values based upon an old portable.nt.  You'll have to, of
course, research how to set any new macro.

Kurt