Solaris 8 authentication

Title: Message
Hello all!

Many thanks to Patrick Radtke for recently helping me with ldap search issues. I was able to narrow down my problem and reindex the database which helped me be able to do an "su" in Solaris against an OpenLDAP database.  Moving forward, I now have another issue. I am trying to login/authenticate using a userid in my LDAP database with an MD5 encrypted password. I am getting "Login Incorrect" messages on Solaris (using PADL nss and pam modules). Since my openLDAP 2.4 server will eventually be used with Linux and AIX as well, how should I be storing passwords in my database? (i.e. MD5, crypt, SHA, etc) Can I get Solaris to authenticate against an MD5 encrypted password or do I need to use {crypt}?

Many thanks!

paul o'malley, senior unix systems administrator [fly since 2003]
[p] 212.944.8000 x306 [e]
paul.omalley@bluefly.com

bluefly, inc. 42 w. 39th st. new york, ny 10018
www.bluefly.com NASDAQ Symbol: BFLY

click here to receive special discounts and new product
previews from Bluefly