Re: o and c or dc?

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 09:13:51AM -0000, pcalcada@ipp.pt wrote:

> Hello i'm also developing a LDAP sys, and i'm using dc=org.country.XX.
> I'm not breaking de domain component, is this completly incorrect?

As Pierangelo says, that is incorrect use of the DC attribute.

> I'm doing that way, because is more simple for normal user to understand
> is login.

You should be able to hide that sort of detail from end-users by having
the user-agent display a more friendly form of name.  For example, if the
domain is important to the user, you could put the full domain name in the
user's entry in an associatedDomain attribute and arrange to display that.

LDAP is a *protocol* - don't try to use it as a user interface!

Andrew