RE: Backend authentication

--On Tuesday, January 13, 2004 8:20 AM +0000 Simon Oliver <s.oliver@umist.ac.uk> wrote:

Howard Chu wrote:

Always use the latest release when creating a fresh installation. 2.1.22 is old.

I am using SuSE Linux 9.0 and that comes with OpenLDAP 2.1.22.  If I stick
with this version I will get automatic patches and security fixes and will
not need to maintain the package myself.  Is there a very good reason to
move to a newer version of OpenLDAP?

From who? If that was the case, you should be on 2.1.25, with BDB 4.2.52
installed.  So I don't believe this statement. ;)

2.1.22 had some serious issues with it, indexing if I recall correctly.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer