Re: kpasswd

Howard -- Good point.

With that said SASL can be a bear to setup. We're a CMU Cyrus IMAP shop
and therefore are very familiar with SASL -- I would encourage folks who
are trying to use SASL with OpenLDAP (and sendmail and cyrus etc) get on
the sasl mailing list, read the archives and the included docs.. They
aren't perfect but they do answer many of the questions that get asked
over and over again.

For folks wanting kpasswd equivalence with SASL who aren't interested in
local passwords in /etc/sasldb I would encourage you to disable
/etc/sasldb support using --with-dblib=no -- especially if you have
multiple versions of BDB installed as linking SASL against a different
DB library than openldap(or sendmail or cyrus) can result in VERY odd
seg faults and core dumps.. Additionally, disable ALL auth mechanisms
you don't plain on using -- the extra plugins for SASL can cause
problems as well.