Re: LDAP Queries

--On Friday, May 23, 2003 12:41 PM -0400 Mark Bucciarelli <mark@hubcapconsulting.com> wrote:

On Thursday 22 May 2003 4:22 pm, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, May 22, 2003 12:44 PM -0700 Adam Pisoni

<adam+oldap@p3mammoth.com> wrote:
> While I'm debugging, I keep a window open with...
>
> slapd -d 256 -h "ldap:// ldaps://" &

Not necessarily the same as putting the loglevel 256 in your
slapd.conf.

Could you elaborate?

man slapd.conf (5)

loglevel <integer>

Specify the level at which debugging statements and operation statistics should be syslogged (currently logged to the syslogd(8) LOG_LOCAL4 facility).

etc.

Basically, I find it at times to be less noisy & more useful to look at what it is putting in to syslog at that level.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Administrator ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html