Re: postfix+ldap

Diego Thomas wrote:
Here i have more than 300 acounts and alot of mails/minute..

300 accounts is not really much, and postfix+ldap processes peaks of 50.000 mails per minute without problems on a 1GHz P3 with a Gig of RAM...

the ldap server is running in localhost..
i tryed alot of things at syslog and ldap...

Indexing brings a lot of performance in OpenLDAP

it's not supporting the traffic..

if you are using postfix+ldap it should be really no problem to set up some kind of load-balancing since you can specify the users mailboxes in ldap, or do a gateway which redirects mail two more than one server..

i want know if have a way to expand the ldap process and able it to listen
for more simultaneous connections.

there is some slapd.conf setting...

concurrency <integer>
	Specify  a  desired  level  of  concurrency.   Provided  to  the
	underlying  thread  system  as  a  hint.   The default is not to
	provide any hint.

idletimeout <integer>
	Specify the number of seconds to wait before forcibly closing an
	idle  client  connections.   A  idletimeout  of  0 disables this
	feature.  The default is 0.

threads <integer>
	Specify  the  maximum  size  of  the  primary  thread pool.  The
	default is 32.
timelimit <integer>
	Specify the maximum number of seconds (in real time) slapd  will
	spend  answering  a  search  request.  The default time limit is
	3600.

cachesize <integer>
	Specify the size in entries of the in-memory cache maintained by
	the  LDBM  backend  database  instance.   The  default  is  1000
	entries.

dbcachesize <integer>
	Specify the size in bytes of the in-memory cache associated with
	each  open  index  file.  If  not  supported  by  the underlying
	database method, this option is ignored  without  comment.   The
	default is 100000 bytes.

just play around with these settings and do some benchmarks, i have no idea how changing the defaults of these will improve performance...

regards

cya

----- Original Message ----- From: "Markus Schabel" <markus.schabel@tgm.ac.at>