ldbmcat Question

Is there a way to dump specific branches of the directory tree into and
LDIF formatted file.  I see ldbmcat can do the entire directory tree but
I want a little more granular control of what is eventually stored in
the LDIF.

My directory info. comes from a number of sources including flat files
and dynamic user updates.  For disaster recovery I want to be able to
recover the directory contents by using a combination of file input, and
sections of the nightly ldbmcat dump.  The file input is no problem, but
the dynamic content is if I can't specifically dump sections of the
DIT.  If that's not possible I'll have to selectively parse out the full
LDIF which might get messy.  Any ideas?

Thanks.