Re: slurpd replicatoin problems

I found the problem, although the error message is definitely not specific
to it.

On the one server, I had at some point added the directive:
updatedn  "cn=diradmin,dc=domain,dc=dom"

I had not added this to the other server.  Adding it in solved the problem.

However, the error message "ERROR: Type or value exists" is misleading.

Of course, so is the word replicatoin vs replication, which I just now
noticed. ;}

Cheers,
John

> Negative.  There is one backend per server.  I have done several tests
> to ensure that I am not pointing slurpd to the same server twice, either
> directly or indirectly (ie, pointing two stunnels to the same server).
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently dealing with a similar problem, due to several "replica"
>> statements concerning a single slave. This could occur only if you
>> have several back-ends (several suffixes) on the master server and
>> wants to replicate more than one to a single slave server.
>> If this is your case, you may have a look at ITS#2137 (
>> http://www.OpenLDAP.org/its/index.cgi?findid=2137) to see if it can
>> match with your problem.

 Cheers,

>> Bruno