Re: How to achieve fail over in ldap servers

Maybe not directly.  If you're using apps that can accept two server IP
addresses and use the first it can connect to, or if you can simply create
a DNS record with the two IP addresses and use the name, you may get off
cheap and good enough.

for real high availability and failover, you'll need a load balancer.
Either something like the Linux Virtual Server project
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/ or a hardware-based solution like an
Alteon or F5 load balancing switch is the right way to go.

-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>