Re: replication on 2.1.5

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:26:48 -0400
Allan E Johannesen <aej@WPI.EDU> wrote:

> replace: entryCSN
> entryCSN: 2002100412:17:48Z#0x0001#0#0000

> in the midst of the changes.  The replication event is rejected with
> "constraint violation".

This happens because entryCSN is set to disallow user modification.
For some reason, your slave doesn't think it is a slave.

> The replication dn is in a group with write access to *.
>
> Is that not good enough in 2.1.5?
>
> I guess, in other words, what have I done wrong?

Check to make sure that the slave database is configured with an
updatedn line.

Even the rootdn cannot write to such attributes; only the configured
replication-update dn.

Matthew Backes
lucca@csun.edu

By the way, how's WPI doing?  Haven't been there since 1995...  does
the Wedge still exist?