Re: is there a sizelimit to groupOfNames?

Thanks for the response. Could you recommend anything for db side as to the version? Also I hesitate about upgrading to openldap-2.0.17 because when I tried it on a development server and tried to load my schema, it complained that it didn't agree with them (I created custom oids one of which is the following )

attributeType ( BusinessReason-oid NAME 'BusinessReason'
        EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
        SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
        SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 )

Even though this works perfectly fine on Openldap 2.0.11.

Any suggestions you can offer will be super.

Thank you.

At 12:24 AM 10/25/2001 +0200, you wrote:
> Hello --
>
> I recently sent out an e-mail to this list subject?"missing group" today
> and so far I managed to test out a few things.
>
> The group has about 3700 members (and potentially rising). We are using
> OpenLDAP-2.0.11, db-3.2.9 and I notice that there were some articles flying
> around, most notably

To my knowledge OpenLDAP's slapd has no limitation of that sort
(limits are dictated by system resources). You should try a more
recent release because known problems in database update have been
highlighted and (hopefully) solved. In this sense, the most reliable
release should be 2.0.17 (the latest :).

Pierangelo.