Re: Problem with "mail" attribute

Carlos Bote wrote:

> I've found that that there is not any mail attribute into inetOrgPerson
> schema.

The attribute type definition is in core.schema, but inetorgperson.schema
defines an objectclass that uses it (namely, 'inetOrgPerson').

> therefor, I've added it for testing purposes, but when slapd starts
> it returns the following error:
>
>         Starting ldap server(s):
> slapd/opt/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema: line
>         142: AttributeType not found: "audio"

It requires cosine.schema.  It says so at the top of the file.  So
do include core.schema, cosine.schema and inetorgperson.schema in that
order (plus other things you need).

> dn: uid=cbote,ou=Users,dc=testldap,dc=com
> uid: cbote
> cn: carlox
> objectClass: account
> objectClass: posixAccount
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: shadowAccount

Then, remember to add inetOrgPerson to your object classes.

Julio