Re: OpenLDAP v2.0 - problem with ldapadd

At 03:06 PM 10/3/00 +0100, Tadhg Crotty wrote:
>dn: o=Projects, dc=aersoft, dc=ie
>dc: ie
>dc: aersoft
>o:  Projects
>objectclass: top
>objectclass: dcObject
>objectclass: organization

>ldap_add: Invalid syntax
>        additional info: multiple values provided

dc is single value.

>Removing either of the "dc" lines and the ldapadd command works.

I'd remove both and dcObject as the parent appears to the entry
associated with the domain "aersoft.ie".

>This
>did not happen in version 1.2  Does anybody know why there is a
>difference ?

Better schema checking.

>I'm suspecting that it is down to the change in the way
>the schemas are now defined.
>Is it reasonable to assume that I should be able to include both "dc"
>lines in the LDIF file i.e. I want to have two "dc" attributes in the
>entry.

That's not allowed and doesn't make sense semantically.

>I notice in the quick start guide that only one "dc" line is included in
>the example but is this okay even though the DN for the entry has two ?

Yes.  Only the RDN type/values pairs must be present in the entry.