Re: make test failed

> on 5/31/00 4:57 PM, William L Anderson at band@wrc.xerox.com wrote:
>
> > Patrick Larkin writes:
> >> I went back through my install on an identical machine and tried again.
> >> apparently, when i changed into the 'tests' directory and ran make, i got
> >> errors i wasn't aware of:
> >>

> >> Initiating LDAP tests...
> >> running defines.sh . ldbm
> >> Datadir is ./data
> >> Cleaning up in ./test-db...
> >> Running ldif2ldbm to build slapd database...
> >> ldif2ldbm failed!
> >
> > Try running the script directly (not using the makefile). Can you
> > actually get ldif2ldbm to run? I had this problem some time ago on an
> > old Solaris2.5.1 system and had to revert to an older Berkeley and
> > OpenLDAP release. Probably need some patches installed there.
> >
> > Bill Anderson
> >

> I wish I knew how to isolate these problems...  Sorry, I'm at a loss on
> running the scripts indepently.  I ran ldif2ldbm but it requires arguments.
> I ran the test001-ldif2ldbm script but it complained with the same error as
> above.
>
> Any old distros or other LDAP servers you recommend trying?
>
> --
> Patrick Larkin
> Network Automation
> BASD

Just off the top of my head (I'm trying to get out of the office!),
you can set the environment variable SLAPD_DEBUG before the 'make test'
and that will cause slapd to be started with whatever debug level you
like.  Go for broke, 65535 (other postings suggest that -1 will work
as well).  Then look in test-db for master.log, which be a log of slapd.
Other log files appear there as well, and by modifying scripts/defines.sh
you can set debug flags on calls to ldif2ldbm, for example.

I have 1.2.10+ some updates (I follow the OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_1_2 branch),
and 'make' in the tests directory works just fine on Alpha OSF.  Don't
be trying to do any production work on the latest stuff (2.x), it's
not released yet.

Randy