Re: make test failed

on 5/31/00 4:57 PM, William L Anderson at band@wrc.xerox.com wrote:

> Patrick Larkin writes:
>> I went back through my install on an identical machine and tried again.
>> apparently, when i changed into the 'tests' directory and ran make, i got
>> errors i wasn't aware of:
>>

>> Initiating LDAP tests...
>> running defines.sh . ldbm
>> Datadir is ./data
>> Cleaning up in ./test-db...
>> Running ldif2ldbm to build slapd database...
>> ldif2ldbm failed!
>
> Try running the script directly (not using the makefile). Can you
> actually get ldif2ldbm to run? I had this problem some time ago on an
> old Solaris2.5.1 system and had to revert to an older Berkeley and
> OpenLDAP release. Probably need some patches installed there.
>
> Bill Anderson

I wish I knew how to isolate these problems...  Sorry, I'm at a loss on
running the scripts indepently.  I ran ldif2ldbm but it requires arguments.
I ran the test001-ldif2ldbm script but it complained with the same error as
above.

Any old distros or other LDAP servers you recommend trying?

--
Patrick Larkin
Network Automation