Re: ldap_err2string missing

At 09:01 AM 5/12/00 -0400, Shelley Waltz wrote:
>I am compiling sendmail-8.10.1 with ldap support and
>it complains of
>undefined reference to ldap_err2string when compiling
>mail.local and other objects such as vacation.

Seems odd to me that mail.local and vacation depend upon
LDAP.

>I did add -ldap and -lber to the link (although these
>objects are not listed in the libraries) and
>the openldap-1.2.9-5 rpm is installed on RH6.2.
>Where is this object ldap_err2string located?

The RPM names and locations may differ from our release.
My answers are per our release.

ldap_err2string() is located are in libldap which depends
upon liblber which is normally installed in /usr/local/lib.
Hence, one normally adds: "-L/usr/local/lib -lldap -llber"
to their linker directive.  You may also have to add a number
of other flags (such for location of dynamic libraries and
dependent system libraries).