Re: LDIF from address book?

warren.daly@broadcom.ie wrote:

> hello,
> if I was to create an address book in NETSCAPE messanger and EXPORT it to an
> LDIF file. Then convert that LDIF file to an LDBM using ldif2ldbm.  Does
> this work?  Does anybody know of a easy way of creating an
> ldif file.

Warren--

I have done that very thing -- but rather than going ldif2ldbm, I just
used ldapadd to get the whole file in there at once.  You may have to do
a little tweaking on your .ldif file to get it to play nice with your
schemas, but it should pop right in there with little to no effort.

ldapadd -D "Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -W -f /your/ldif/file

--
Craig Sprout
Network Administrator