Re: please help me

At 05:19 PM 1/24/01 +0330, Apadana Instituye wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>  I tried to run this commandline ldapsearch and ldapadd
>  and got these errors:
>
>        operational null(empty) DN disallowed

I assume the actual text was:
       operation upon null (empty) DN disallowed

>     ldap_search: DSA is unwilling to perform
>and couldn't find DNS
>
>  Does anyone know what this could be?

You likely are querying an LDAP server running the
experimental OpenLDAP DNS SRV backend such as
root.openldap.org.  Most likely this is due to the
referral configuration of your local server.

The error text pretty much says it all.  The operation
was attempted upon a null (empty) DN and this was
disallowed.