Re: Inappropriate matching

The filter (member=cn=foo*) is Undefined.  'member' does
not have a substring matching rule.  There is no substring
matching rule for distinguished names.

No entry should match this filter.

An LDAPv3 server *should* likely not return the result
of inappropriate matching, but return success with no
entries.  The fact that this did not occur leads me to
believe the server is an LDAPv2 server or is flawed.

Kurt