A possible way to have NT authentic against LDAP

I don't know how well this would work but I've causally been looking around
for a way to have Linux and NT boxes authentic against one data source.

I know of possibly using pam_smb and samba as a way of using PDC,
or loading UNIX services on NT and using NIS, or purchasing NDS for both NT
and Linux and doing it that way.

But I think I may have found another way, this link,
 http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-1999-11/lw-11-integration_p.html
on an Open Source program for NT workstations to authentic against NIS uses an
NT API for authentication.

I skimmed the article and realized that using the same Windows NT GINA API
could be used to have NT clients authentic against LDAP.

Windows programming is neither something that I have the resources or the time
for but I figured that this might be interesting to someone in the OpenLDAP
group.

--
Lars Nordin
Noble Systems Corporation