Re: www.openldap.org not mobile-friendly

> On 4/14/2015 2:53 PM, Michael Ströder wrote:
>>
>> Clément OUDOT wrote:

>> Already fixed in the mean-time?
>
> Since I have easy access to make the changes, I went ahead and fixed this so
> that for most purposes in non-mobile browsers things look the same, but on
> mobile browsers everything is more friendly.  The whole site could probably
> use a revamp at some point, but solving the problem in front of us here (the
> concern about google page rankings) without having to rework the site
> completely was pretty simple:
>
> * As Michael Ströder said, adding <meta name="viewport"
> content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
> * Changing the table with the bullet points on the main page so that it's
> using floating divs instead of tables with columns, letting it wrap properly
> for very narrow (mobile) displays.
>
> The end result is that it should look the same for most users.  For anyone
> who is using a small display, it should function without pushing everything
> off the side of the screen.  Google's analysis tool now calls it mobile
> friendly.

Well, thanks for fixing the mobile view.

But I think we could have a more general discussion about the look and
feel of the website. I agree OpenLDAP is dedicated to system
administrators, but this is not an excuse to have an, excuse me for
the term, "ugly" website.

There is also a work to do on the content, as some pages were not
updated since years, see for example: http://www.openldap.org/conf/

I am willing to help the community on this topic, if any help is welcome.

Clément.