Re: OpenLDAP 2.5

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
With 2.4.21 out, and hopefully stable enough to promote to the next Stable release, it's time to feature-freeze 2.4 and prepare for the 2.5 branch. As I already announced to the OpenLDAP-Committers, we're also planning to switch from CVS to GIT in mid-January. Commits for 2.5 will begin after we've settled into GIT.

One feature might be some sort of internal thread or process api.

Perhaps the ability to run a backend(s) in a seperate thread of execution, and also maybe the ability to run arbitrary threads in the server core for things such as cache managment, without having to implement a backend.

Cheers
Brett