ldap tool result codes (was: commit: ldap/tests/scripts test007-replication test018-syncreplication-persist)

ando@OpenLDAP.org writes:
> 	test007-replication  1.67 -> 1.68
> 	test018-syncreplication-persist  1.35 -> 1.36
> ldapmodify doesn't return an LDAP error code

How did we miss that for so long?

The ldapmodify source code looks like it intends to return
a result code, though.  And it does sometimes.  E.g.

    bash$ ldapmodify -xh ldap.uio.no < test.ldif
    modifying entry "o=x"
    ldap_modify: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
            additional info: no global superior knowledge

    bash$ echo $?
    53

Maybe we should change all the LDAP tools to always return some
LDAP error code, and some special code when it cannot or when an
LDAP code does not make sense?

--
Hallvard