Re: unable to change local socket permissions...

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

Have we properly undocumented all this stuff?
I think we should go ahead and remove the code.

As far as I recall, the documentation reflects the fact that __listener__ (not just socket) permissions can be used to limit the type of activity a listener can be used for, at the software level. That code was initially intended to use filsystem-level socket permissions, and it should now definitely be removed. So the documentation is ok with respect to slapd-level interpretation of those permissions (although of limited use, I admit), while that code is correctly undocumented and commented; I'll remove it in a moment. I've also refreshed that docs (slapd(8)) to better explain the use if that feature.

p.