Re: dropping back-ldbm (was: commit: ldap/servers/slapd connection.c)

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

We may need a fallback solution
in case any issue (even deployment-specific) occurs.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Why is a fallback solution needed?

If by any means I can't get back-bdb behaving as expected at a customer's site (it happened, and may happen again) I want to be able to chabge "bdb" (or "hdb") into "ldbm", run slapadd and go home and try to fix the installation/configuration. I don't want to have to reinstall the 2.0.X rpms that come with AS3.0. It's a sort of a psychological backup that customers adore. They know back-ldbm worked for years, and they heard that back-bdb is hard to configure, set up and tune.

p.