Replication to arbitrary process?

Hi,

sorry if this has been discussed before. I'd like to
propose a little feature:

slurpd should be able to not only update replication servers
through LDAP protocol, but to feed the LDIF to an arbitrary command
through STDIN.

I currently need to replicate LDAP to some mobile computers which
are connected to the internet only sometimes and with dynamic IP
addresses. The do download e-mail and other data through UUCP, which
pretty well does the job.

Would be nice if LDAP updates could be distributed through UUCP
batch jobs or as an E-Mail with a specific content type. All this
could be done if slurpd would be able to simply feed the diffs to an
arbitrary command (=any shell/perl script).

regards
Hadmut