Re: New Proxy cache overlay

One of the problems I see with both of these approaches
is that they don't say which if of the layers applied to
the source backend are applied before tee'ing to the
relay/rewrite backend.

Maybe we need something like:

database bdb
overlay post
overlay relay "o=example,c=us"
overlay pre
suffix "dc=example,dc=dc=com"

database relay
overlay rewrite
suffix "o=example,o=com"

The DN "o=example,c=us" basically names the pipe.

(Note that slapd.conf(5) should support these backends being
presented in either order.)

Kurt