From: owner-openldap-bugs@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-bugs@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of ando@sys-net.it
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 10:48 PM
To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: passwd extop backend selection (ITS#2851)

Full_Name: Pierangelo Masarati
Version: HEAD
OS: Linux RH
Submission from: (NULL) (81.72.89.40)
Submitted by: ando

passwd_extop() in servers/slapd/passwd.c uses op->o_conn->c_authz_backend
(the authorizing backend) to operate the password change.  This patch uses
the ID field in reqdata, if any, to select the appropriate backend, in
view of using passwd_extop across backends in glued backend pools.

Any drawback or security issue?

Ando.